Electric Service Requests


If you are building in Oak Ridge, you may have questions regarding temporary construction power, routing your electrical service, choosing the best location for your transformer and meter base, calling for inspections, and getting the proper permits (link to electrical permit application).

The Engineering Division, phone 865 425-1803, is available to assist you through the process.  We offer a wealth of information tailored to your project’s needs, including Info for Home Owners and Info for Business Owners.

To set up a new account or start/stop/transfer electric service to an existing meter, please contact the Utility Business Office at 865 425-3400.